Skill Up: Hosting an Event using the Action Center
We hope you gained some helpful knowledge on how to promote your local event using the Side with Love Action Center. Local events are an important part of Side with Love’s overall strategy to engage congregations and UU’s in ongoing work for justice and liberation.
Here are the resources from the workshop:
- View the video recording from January 16, 2022. The chat conversation can be accessed using this link.
- Session Slideshow
- Action Center Guide
- Side with Love Event Toolkit
- Sample Run of Show
- Upcoming events with the Side with Love Action Center
Share, learn, and get connected on our Side with Love Slack.
Are you ready to take your work with Side with Love to the next level? We have an amazing crew of leaders in our volunteer squads who run phonebanks, crunch data, set up and support events, and manage communications and media-- and we want YOU to join us! If you are ready to learn, grow, and work with awesome UUs from across the country, please read on for more info about our dynamic squads:
- Data Squad - provides back end support for actions, organizes our resources, handles data analytics
- Fun & Spiritual Nourishment Squad - tends to the spirit and wellbeing of our Side with Love community
- Media Squad - creates content & graphics, organizes and catalogs media, amplifies on social media
- Phone Bank Squad - leads and provides logistical and tech support to phonebanks and other online events so that participants have a smoother, supported, spiritually grounded experience
- Welcome Squad - Ushers new members into Slack, provides welcome and support