Upcoming Volunteer Packing Opportunities
Join us in the fight against hunger by signing up to volunteer!
Interested in registering for a GROUP visit or want to be a RECURRING GROUP in the warehouse?
- If your group is less than 10 members total, please see below for available dates to register. Each member of your group must register in order to accurately track capacity and help us plan for tasks!
- If your group is more than 10 members, please DO NOT SIGN UP USING THE LINKS BELOW. Please contact our Volunteer Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-223-2220 ext. 101. We will book your group reservation for you!
- If you plan to bring a group of any size on a recurring basis, DO NOT SIGN UP USING THE LINKS BELOW. Please contact our Volunteer Program at email@example.com or 215-223-2220 ext. 101. We will book your recurring visits for you!
What is the Warehouse Packing opportunity?
Support our warehouse operations, helping seniors, families, and individuals facing food insecurity in the Philadelphia region. You'll come to Share's warehouse and work with a group of other volunteers to pack 30lb boxes of shelf-stable food on a packaging line. Warehouse Volunteer opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Assembly line box packing
- Weighing food boxes
- Packing cars with nutritious food boxes for home deliveries
- Prepping assembly line
- Mixing produce pallets
- Packing produce bags
What are the requirements?
Physical Expectations: As a warehouse volunteer, you’ll be expected to lift products (between 2-5lbs) to help pack boxes on an assembly line. You’ll be expected to lift food boxes between 30-31lbs.
What to Bring/Wear: You’ll be required to wear closed-toed shoes. If you’re able, please bring a mask, gloves, and a water bottle. Due to COVID-19 protocols, masks are required to be worn while onsite at Share Food Program warehouse.
Location: Share Food Program Warehouse located at 2901 W. Hunting Park Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19129.
Parking: We offer limited parking onsite in Lot A located at the corner of W. Hunting Park Avenue & Henry Avenue.
Age Restrictions: Volunteers ages 13+ are permitted to participate in this opportunity. All volunteers under 18 years old must be accompanied by a chaperone.
Not sure if this opportunity is for you? Click our Volunteer Survey and help us find the right volunteer placement for you!